The DARKLANDS Domain
Resources for players of
The Darklands FAQ is:
Copyright © 1995, 1996, 1998
(except for quoted material, as indicated)
Specifically for version 483.07 of Darklands
The purpose of establishing the "Darklands Domain"(DARKLANDS.NET) is to provide a single, reliable, "easy to use and remember" URL where players of the game DARKLANDS, by Microprose(DL), may come to find useful information collected from a variety of sources. The DARKLANDS FAQ (DLFAQ) sites are the central feature. They are by far the most extensive collection of this kind of information available on the Internet. Another *very* important featured item is our Darklands Discussion Email List. These, together with the downloadable files and links on this site are your best bet for getting the most out of your adventures throughout the Holy Roman Empire of Darklands! Enjoy.
- THE DARKLANDS FAQ
- The DARKLANDS FAQ Home Site.
This site is home of version 2.0 of the DLFAQ, which was released in February, 1998.
- A new USA Mirror Site has been added to DARKLANDS.NET.
- SPECIAL NOTICE:
The Darklands FAQ 2.0 Home Site on Conk World is no longer available at that location. If you have saved links to "http://www.conk.com/world/darklands/", please update them now! The other sites listed on this page are your currently recommended alternatives. Best efforts are made to keep them up to date. We will keep you informed through these sites about updates, including the availablity of additional and alternate resources and mirror sites.
Thanks! -MLW :)
- Next Version Release: DLFAQ co-author Michel Boucher expects an updated version of the FAQ to be released sometime in Spring, 1999. Check back here from time to time for the latest announcements.
- Michel goes by the alias "ALSANDOR".
- Visit him at his "Barebones" Homepage.
- The Darklands FAQ German Home-site.
- DLFAQ co-author Alexander von Lünen hosts this site from his homepage in Deutschland, which serves as our European mirror site. Alex moved from Bonn to Darmstadt in the Autumn of 1998. Therefore, his contact information has changed ...
- His new web-page is at:
- ... and his new e-mail address is:
- PLEASE NOTE: As a result of Alex's transfer from the university in Bonn to the one in Darmstadt, the Darklands FAQ Site at the URL:"http://ibm.rhrz.uni-bonn.de/~uzs3f8/darkland.htm", the oldest, most venerable, and best known home of the DLFAQ, up thru version 1.21(plus), is now finally offline after a 4 year run. :( But don't fret!!! :)   Alex has hung his shingle and is open for business at the links provided on this page. So update your links!
- If you visit Alex's Homepage you will find a VERY nifty animated .GIF which he made from a captured Darklands opening cut-scene sequence! It is just plain cool! But it also serves as a link which takes you to Alex's Darklands "Waypoints" were he keeps a handy list of Darklands FAQ mirror sites.
Dennis' North American Darklands FAQ Mirror site.(Alex spiced his version up with a graphic salvaged from his earlier homepage :)
DLFAQ co-author Dennis Ahr hosts the Official mirror site. It currently retains the only "Live!" copy of version 1.21 of the FAQ and in its original form, too. So, if that is the version you are looking for, this is the place to get it!
- The DARKLANDS SIG Mailing LIST.
Gather the sage wisdom of the old masters. Share your own adventures with others!There, the description reads,
Michel has setup a mailing list for DARKLANDS which resides on "eGroups". Be sure to sign up!
- "This list is for discussion of the game Darklands by Microprose, technical aspects, gaming news, etc."
It is free to join and open to all who wish to participate.
- To join, you will have to register your e-mail address with eGroups, which makes sense
-- their Terms of Agreement promise your info will not be sold to spammers.
You will be e-mailed a confirmation message to which you reply to complete the process.
Just follow the supplied instructions.
In Michel's opening greeting, he writes:
Welcome to the opening of the DARKLANDS list. Hopefully, this list will fill our needs and will be free of spam :-) Who could ask for anything more. The users will set the pace here, and the rules, so right now (other than politeness), we have no restrictions. I would request however that you not use HTML or attachments in your posts to the list.
Let the games begin!
See you there! :)
For more info, send e-mail to Michel Boucher.
- DOWNLOADS for DARKLANDS
- The Darklands FAQ
"FILES DOWNLOAD"Source Page.
This site features specifically files which are mentioned in the DLFAQ 2.0, such as demos, patches and upgrades, utilities, cheats, and more...
We are pleased to now include music of Darklands!
- The Darklands Saved Games Repository and Exchange Archive page.
- Savcho Savchev's Darklands Web-Tools:These online apps use Macromedia Shockwave Flash!
- See the Downloads page for
DkMap.Zip, DkSaints.Zip, and DkAlch.Zip.
Or, get them all in DkTools.Zip!
- Alan Pitts' Winning with Alchemy Strategies!
- The Darklands Codex of Alchemical Symbols.
- STORIES: Tales Inspired by Darklands!
- "Sacrifices" ("Diebin Am Nacht"), by Timothy Parker (aka "Timeras" on the Darklands List) has submitted a short-story for your enjoyment! It's loosely based on characters from the Darklands world.
For systems that can use TrueType fonts, the author recommends using "Black Chancery" for best viewing. Simply copy to the Windows® "\Fonts" directory to install.
- "Ebhard's Guide to Adventure", a short-story introduction to Darklands
presented in the Clue Book (aka "Hint Book") from MicroProse.
© 1992. All rights reserved.
- A Real-time Conference (RTC) "Interview with Arnold Hendrick", on the now-defunked GEnie online service, shortly after the release of Darklands...
- The DARKLANDS Links Page
...to Fan's Web-sites, Reviews, and Player Tips!There are many of you out there who have content dedicated to DL. This list attempts to highlight those efforts. :) You will also find Game Reviews of DL, as well as sites listing Tips & Cheats here. If you have, or know of, a site featuring Darklands which you think should be included on these pages, please send mail to the webmaster.
Please, check back here often for updates!
- Alan Pitts' money-making strategies using Alchemy!
- Matt's " Schmerker Inn on the Web! "
... a.k.a. "Darklands on FastFish at the North Pole", this site was founded to suppliment the content of the DLFAQ. At the "Schmerker Inn", you can find: updates on where to find your own copy of DL; links to other sites which feature DL; mirrors of some other's sites (incase links are found to be temporarily broken); an other information about the game. Planned future additions to the site include: a trouble shooting page to focus on the reporting of DL bugs, and posting of known work-arounds or fixes; info to help you config your system to play DL; historical info relating to DL; programming projects related to DL;
Matt's homepage is called FastFish at the North Pole.
Where to Find Your Own Copy of DARKLANDS!:
... but if you are looking for an original box-set, want the real manual, or are looking for the Clue Book, eBay is recommended as your best bet. There is almost ALWAYS Darklands for sale (auction) there. Check out this link for current auctions of Darklands running on eBay. You *will* have to register before you can place a bid on any item.
... another popular place for online auctions, Yahoo! Auctions is not yet quite as popular a source of Darklands as is eBay, but is getting better. Items offered on Yahoo! also tend to be priced higher than the same item on eBay. I currently cannot offer a reason for this. Check out this link for current Darklands auctions running on Yahoo!. You *will* have to register before you can place a bid on any item.
... Lastly, I'd suggest trying the Game Trading Zone at http://gametz.com (formerly the Used Game Trading Zone at www.ugtz.com). This is a peer-to-peer site for selling and trading games. Buyers list what they are looking for, and sellers list what they have to offer. This is an "on your honor system," so buyer beware!
(If anyone knows of other good sources, please let me know. You can contact me at mailto:email@example.com. Thank you!)
Be sure to bookmark the
MicroProse, MPS Labs, and Darklands are:
copyright © 1991-1998 Microprose, Inc. - All rights reserved.
Microprose is a subsidiary of Hasbro Interactive © 1999.
For more info, send mail to:
Matthew L. Wirkkala
Back to: Darklands FAQ 2.0 | Alex's Homepage | Darklands FAQ mirror |
| the Schmerker Inn | Matt's FastFish pages | Darklands Domain |
Darklands FAQ founded July, 1995.
See: EdgePlay beta!
Get: Web Driver 1.0!
requires a computer!
Eskimo North, Inc.